There are situations in life where we, as human beings, consciously decide to turn away and move on without action. This could be when we see a hitch-hiker standing in the rain or cold and drive by without second thought. Or it could be after seeing someone in distress, walking away and letting them continue in their distress. Or even if you do help, not doing everything you know you CAN do, but only what you're SUPPOSED to do.
All of these situations come up in life. I believe that they're tests. Tests of character. Tests of conscience. Tests of the goodness in your heart. If these are tests, I think I'm failing the course. Too often I've driven by the car with it's hazards on and someone looking frustrated by a flat tire, ignored what sounded like a panicked scream coming from across a street, continued to walk after seeing someone crying beside a fence, or worse yet, stopped, turned around, and walked on the other side of the fence, ignored a homeless person's plea for financial assistance, and more.
Am I a bad person? Do I deserve judgment? Does the fact that I'm a human with a sinful nature negate the fact that I have failed in these areas? All of these are good questions, and I don't know if there's a correct answer to any of them. I have to live with the choices I've made. But I hope, knowing that I realize what I
should have done will better prepare me to take action in the future. God help me.
0 Responses to “Help is Coming”
Leave a Reply