I can’t say I’ve ever thought about that question until I saw “Push” – the EBC production – this past weekend. There’s so much hurt in this world and it’s pretty easy to see that the ideals of creation have long been lost to the actions and attitudes that we’ve adopted as society. All one needs to do is think of the genocide in Rwanda or the Jihad going on in the Middle East and into the western world or even as far back as the crusades. Where is the justice in all of this? Where is the healing? Where is God while all this is happening? Why did this happen?
I think God was there all along. I think humanity has a deep need for God that we don’t realize as easily as one would hope. I think that our ideas sometimes try to trump God in what we do. But all we need to do is turn around. Turn around and see God. God is there. God is watching. Do you think God is hurt by what he sees? Do you think that the way we choose to live our lives upsets God?
Is there redemption for this fallen world?
Yes.
Christ.
Think about it. Relinquish our lives to Christ and we have salvation. Give up our ambitions and there is forgiveness. Give our lives to God and there is peace.
Have you seen what God sees? Look outside. Take a walk downtown. Watch the news. The world is a broken place… we are broken people… but underneath it all – at the centre of our lives – lies the grace of Christ.
* Originally Posted March 8, 2006 at http://voiceofebc.blogspot.com
0 Responses to “Do you ever cry, God?”
Leave a Reply